Wednesday 27 March 2013

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter - Red Velvet review and swatch


Hello Ladies,

It seems today I am going to review only lipsticks. My lipstick collection consists of a lot of reds, corals, nudes and neutrals. So, here is one product which is most commonly used and loved by millions of people. It’s the product from my favorite brand Revlon.

I am sure by now everyone is familiar with my love and affection for the brand which means that all the products made-up by this brand is better than the previous one and you cannot get enough of it.

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter – 040 Red Velvet



I already have one Lip Butter in Pink Truffle, click here for the review

What Revlon Says:

Hydrating mango, Shea and coconut butter formula boosts lip moisture
Pampering gel formula provides super charged hydration and glides on lips buttery smooth
Sheer to medium colour with buttery shine
Available in 20 luscious shades
Gives balm like feel to lips, making lips feel soothed, pampered, and conditioned


My opinion:

This is a beautiful deep, creamy red that I think could work on both warm and cool tone skin colors. I think this is a really pretty color, a neutral red, which is hard to find. Believe me. This is not very long lasting. This color will probably suit almost all complexions -- I think it is gorgeous & suits my olive/pale skin (& brown hair; brown or green eyes).




My Likes:

·         Nice deep red
·         Buildable color it isn't drying and it doesn't settle into the cracks of your lips like most matte lipsticks do
·         The color is gorgeous and rich.
·         The formula is mouth-watering and moisturizing!
·         It's like a gloss and a lipstick all in one. 
·         High class casing with quilted-pattern tube.
·         No scent.







My Dislikes:

·         I needed to touch up after few hours, but I didn't expect this to be long-lasting anyway since it's a tinted balm.
·         Bit expensive for product which is not long lasting.
·         The consistency of this lip balm is quite soft; do not expose it to [too much] heat or it will get really messy


Would Recommend:
I give Revlon an extra star for making these lipsticks because it has no taste and smell.
I love Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters since for people with lighter lips can use them as a lipstick and for people like me with pigmentation on their lips can use this both as a lipstick and a lip gloss. I say it’s a must have makeup product!

LBA Rating:
4/5

Thank You,
Look Beautiful Always
:)



5 comments:

  1. Just bought my first one. I know, I belong to the dark ages. I'm really iffy about lippies that don't last.
    My Beauty Junction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe ...try maybelline Super stay 24 color lippies...you wont get disappointed btw which lipbutter did u get

      Delete
  2. This looks much darker on me, but my lips are more pigmented so I'm sure that's why. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for commenting..am sure you would love the other colors too.

      Delete
  3. I love the Revlon lip butters. Great post.

    http://reemz-petitebeautyblogger.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete